A word from the editor:

----->If it’s Ben & Balanced, then it’s reliable.

On this page, I will comment on recent and relevant world news and interesting articles pertaining to politics and media coverage. Even though everyone, including myself, is entitled to his or her opinions, I will try to be as fair and balanced as possible, and will strive to point to information that is not objective. There will be some praising, some bashing, and a lot of sarcasm... but mostly, there will be honesty.


Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Is there an echo here?

Over the past few days, I found it more and more difficult to get meaningful information from CNN and Fox News.  All the news seems to be about Qaddafi, Japan, and Syria; just have a look at the front page of these two websites: http://www.cnn.com/ and http://www.foxnews.com/.
Because of the redundant information we are fed on the main media channels, I decided to invest more time in reading Guysen News International.  On this website, you can read pure information, in real time, in chronological order: http://www.guysen.com/en/.   CNN and Fox News keep on telling us the same things over and over again about nuclear radiations and NATO taking over the “humanitarian mission” and we are getting the false impression that nothing else big is happening the world.  I want news, not a 3-4 stories daily feed that sounds like I’m too stupid to integrate more information.  The advantage of Guysen News is that it doesn’t give opinion or an analysis of the news: it provides the reader with raw news, and we are free to interpret it however we want, and there is less chance of a bias in this way.  You should check it out.

1 comment:

  1. I also feel a bit overwhelmed, an lets face it--bored, by the redundancy of the news reporting over the last couple of weeks.hat I usually check the news every single day, but recently I feel like I know exactly what the headlines will be before I even open the paper.

    I would guess that the media is milking these three stories concerning Lybia, Japan, and Syria for all their worth--that is, these are what sells. However, our attention spans are small and it is easy to forget a major world event within days. Perhaps it's not such a bad thing that media is at the very least reminding you that the effects of the Tsunami are still being felt and that the war in Lybia did not end along with our interest in it.

    Secondly, is there really such a thing as raw news? In one recent headline Guysen reported "Britain once again shows its true colors, accusing Israel's ministry of tourism...? That line about showing true colors may be accurate, but no so unbiased if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete